Cameras and other surveillance equipment from Arlo function effectively if you maintain them properly. However, you can experience difficulties using them if they break down for reasons beyond your control. Users can fix some problems by updating the firmware of their Arlo Setup. If the problem is not related to the firmware, resetting your device would help. Therefore, users may read this article from head to toe, as it has measures to fix problems. Learning how to reset the Arlo camera may be beneficial to you if you find yourself in a circumstance similar to this one.
This blog post will describe simple ways to return your Arlo camera to its default settings. Furthermore, with your Arlo Login account, you’ll be able to set up your device again.
How To Reset An Arlo Camera
A user can apply two straightforward approaches when resetting their Arlo camera setup. You may restore the factory settings on your Arlo cameras using one of two methods. Which are:
- With Arlo Login Account
- With Sync Button
Instructions to Reset using Arlo Account
Adhere to the following directions to continue further.
- First, go to the My Devices area by tapping the Settings icon.
- The linked devices will be filled with content from the app or account. Choose the camera that you want to reset.
- Subsequently, select “Remove Device” from the menu. Then, click the Yes button on the screen to confirm the prompt. This will verify your selection to delete your camera from the account.
- Go back to the Devices page and press the Add New Device button again.
- Select the Arlo device you wish to add after that. Select the Arlo model and adhere to the on-screen instructions to reconnect your Arlo camera to the WiFi network or the Base Station.
With this, you are set for a new Arlo camera setup without any problem because it has been reset. If you cannot perform the reset with this method, follow the below approach for the same.
Directions to Reset from Sync Button
The other practical approach for resetting your camera is the Sync Button. You merely need to be aware of its position and adhere to the instructions to use it:
- First, locate the Sync button on the camera. The Sync button is located below the exterior shell on some camera versions. Moreover, some are located at the top.
- Next, press and hold the Sync button for roughly 15 seconds.
- Note: Release the button when you see your camera’s LED begin to blink blue. The camera LED on some models, like the Essential Wire-Free, will initially flash blue, then amber three times. As soon as it happens, let go of the button.
- Now, wait for a minute for the RESET procedure to finish.
- After the procedure is finished, you can access your Arlo Account using the app or online at my.arlo.com.
Arlo Setup after Reset
Adhere to the following instructions to set up your camera again effectively:
- First, navigate to Settings and then the My Devices area through your Arlo Login account.
- Click on the Remove Device button after selecting the name of the camera you want to reset.
- Once more, click the Yes button on the screen’s confirmation prompt.
- Next, opt for the Add New Device option on the Devices page after returning there.
- To reconnect it to the WiFi and Base Station, choose the Arlo model you want to add and then follow the on-screen directions.
- Finally, resume using the camera after remounting it in its original position.
What happens when you reset the Arlo camera?
The Arlo camera is put back in its original form when you reset it to factory settings. Thus, eliminating it from your Arlo account’s list of My Devices. Furthermore, Time zone preferences, video recording history, and further option modifications will be wiped off.